How did you Potty training your boys?

He has peed only once in the potty chair, hewill sit their on his own, but didn't do anything. He is 27 mo. old. He knows what it for, he will tell you, and he has kids in daycare use the potty. Should I just be patient and let things happen on their own, or be more assertive with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son was almost 3 when I got him potty trained...but he didnt like the fact that I was pushing him into so much...so I bought some big boy underwear, and had him wear them for a few days...even at night ,so he knew how uncomfortable it was to mess yourself...after three days he just started using the potty on his own.
    Anonymous

• I have almost 24 mos old twin boys who have shown some signs of readiness but aren't quite there yet. Right now we have the potties out and put them on at bath time in the evening. After the holidays I plan to get big boy pants, put the potties in the living room on plastic, give them lots to eat and drink, stay home for a week, and see if we make any progress.
    Go with your instincts. It's not good to force him so if he doesn't seem like he's totally ready, don't push the issue. I'd get serious when you have some vacation time to dedicate to just being home and putting him on the potty regularly.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 7:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Cheerios!! Throw 'em in and tell him to hit them with his pee! Make it fun!!
    Jennifer91501

Answer by Jennifer91501 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2008