cool alert pull-ups

how well do these work as far as potty training? i bought some today for my 2 year old. im not expecting her to get training down-pat now just with the switch of a pull-up, but im tired of buying diapers and i wanted something that's easier to pull up and down for both me and her, but also absorbent instead of panties. ive tried doing just panties for a few days and though she doesn't like being soiled, it wasn't helping her make the connection or recognize the urge to go. im wondering if the weird cooling sensation will? shes not ready yet, clearly, just curious if you used them what the effectiveness of the cool alert was?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They didn't faze my kids. I tried them with all 4 (girls & boys) and I seriously had no idea when they'd pee, because it was like they didn't feel anything. They were a huge waste of money IMO. I don't know many people who actually used them either. Cloth training pants were the only thing that helped one of my girls.
    Anonymous

• Honestly the only difference I noticed is that they gave DD a rash in that area. Of course I stopped using them. But it didn't make a difference before that.

Good luck!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I second the recommendation for the cloth training pants instead of pull ups

Answer by missanc at 3:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• with ds(3) i started having him wear the cool alert pullups 4 months before turning 3 then at one month before 3 we did underwear on with plastic pants. in about 2 weeks he was dry during the day no accidents about 2 weeks later dry at night.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2011