Is anyone on the birth control shot? Did you gain weight?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 12:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I gained close to 40lbs on it and had horrible heartburn (GERD). I had headaches all the time. When I got off it after being on it 2 yrs...my first period started back up a few months later and I THOUGHT I WAS DYING (and I've had 2 children completely natural!) I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. A close friend of mine started growing facial hair from Depo! It's not good stuff.
    charismatic

Answer by charismatic at 1:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I never got one but my dd did. She gained 40 lbs! She got off it and lost around 30 of it. She has talked to other people on the shot who had similar stories.

Answer by gemgem at 12:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I was on Depo for about 5 years, and in that time I suffered more health problems than I have my entire life. I ended up gaining 100 lbs! As soon as I went off it, I felt much better but the weight didn't come off easily at all.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 1:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I was a long time ago. I gained 100 pounds in 13 months and then I couldn't get pregnant for 4 years. I have PCOS and endometriosis, and I'm not sure it's related to depo, but I'm not sure it's not either.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 1:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Yes I am on it, no I did not gain weight.
    jonellg

Answer by jonellg at 1:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2011