Thumb sucker

my daughter is 6 months old and she sucks her thumb like their aint no tomorrow. I dont want her sucking her thumb cuz its a bad habit to break. my cousin is 24 years old and she still sucks her thumb when she asleep. What do i do? do i just let her do it?

cmjt

Asked by cmjt at 4:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm 26 and still do it. Just re-direct her, thats the best I can tell ya, especially since she is still so young.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 5:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• My daughter is bout 9 months an she is a tumb sucker but only when shes tired! they will stop when there ready
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• My son would suck on his ring and middle fingers, when we saw this we began giving him a pacifier instead, thinking it was easier to get rid of the paci rather than the fingers :). This has worked for him, and now I try to leave the pacifier in his crib to be used only when he is resting. I am the youngest of 4, and all of us were thumb suckers for a very long time. We eventually quit but my 3 older siblings needed braces. I would like to stop this from happening to my children.
    prettyeyedmommy

Answer by prettyeyedmommy at 9:34 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I sucked mine till I was 12. ,she's able to soothe herself and that can't be all that bad.
    marykay22

Answer by marykay22 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2008