Did you ever realize just how much you could love your child?

Before you have a child you certainly feel that you will love your child. But once you had your baby, were you surprised at how deep the love really is?

AlisonAstair

Asked by AlisonAstair at 12:55 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, it is surprising. Just like most other human emotions and feelings, I think it's impossible to truly, deeply, and personally understand until you've experienced it for yourself. Clinical understanding and understanding with the heart and mind are two different things.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I don't remember being "surprised" but it definitely is a much deeper love than any other kind. I heard someone say once that your children are like your heart walking around outside of your body. Exactly. Hard to explain if you've never experienced it. Sad that some parents out there don't seem to feel that way.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I always knew i would love my children but everyday my love for them gets stronger and stronger. i sing them that song from paramore called "only exception" and i tell them everyday that they are my only exception.

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• yes! seeing them on the us wastruely eye opening but nothing prepares you for when you get to meet them and get to know them :)
    SimplyErathy

Answer by SimplyErathy at 9:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2011