Creationism v. Evolution

What religious groups would want this subject taught in schools? Why? Which would not want it taught in schools? Why?

parajumper3

Asked by parajumper3 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Religious Debate

• The only group I am aware of that wants creationism taught in schools are fundamentalist Christians(they also think evolution is a religion). Other Christians and most other religions are fine with just evolution as it is a scientific principle.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Creationism shouldn't be taught in schools it is not scientific. Christians (some) would want it taught.
    Everyone would want evolution taught in schools, that's why it is.
    jonellg

Answer by jonellg at 1:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I think it is good for children to understand that there are differnet viewpoints. I want my children to be able to hold intelligent conversations with whomever they choose. Intelligent conversation would require a knowledge of varying thoughts/opinions/knowledge about various topics. I believe you can teach both without offending either, and I believe you should!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 1:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I think evolution should be taught as fact, and if the school wants to offer an elective world religion class that touches upon creationism, and ALL religions, that's fine with me too. I want my children informed and able to make decisions on their own with the facts given to them, not brainwashed into one way of thinking.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i want my child to be educated not ignorant. its the schools job to teach science its my job to teach the spiritual stuff. and even though i am christian and go to church my church and i both belive in education and i belive in evolution.
    Anonymous

• Creationism is a religious principle, Evolution is not, It is strictly scientific. Separation of church and state dictates Creationism does not belong in government funded public schools. Evolution being a SCIENTIFIC principle supported by the SCIENTIFIC METHOD, it is acceptable to be taught in a SCIENCE class.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• there is undebatable proof that evolution happened
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• "The reason it is a big deal is because, although creationism is founded inn faith, evolution is still considered a THEORY. It has not been completely deemed fact, because there are still missing links... Just FYI "

From someone who clearly doesn't understand the definition of a scientific THEORY.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 1:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I want my kids learning facts not fiction.  Evolution is fact, creation is fiction.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2011