what are some of your must have condiments for certain foods you eat?

i have to have parmesan cheese with my spaghetti or i either wont eat it (assuming i made it at my own house) or it just isnt the same. now that ive discovered the edible pleasures of dipping pizza in ranch, that's another must have for me.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Anon: a condiment is "•Something used to enhance the flavor of food" so yes - cheese can be considered that.

I have to have sour cream & cheese in my chili or I will eat something else. The dairy makes it palatable and keeps me from getting heartburn.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• ranch for fries, ketchup for meatloaf or hotdogs, but i always keep ranch ketchup, mustard, mayo, and sandwich pal (a horseradish sauce) on hand at all times for anything we might be eating. i guess you could say we are condiment people.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I absolutely cannot eat anything Mexican or mexican-inspired without sour cream. If I don't have sour cream, I will not make the food. Once, we went to a tex-mex style burrito joint and they were out of sour cream, so we left. I just have to have it.

I'm pretty big on mayo too, though I'm totally okay with light or fat free just like w/ my sour cream.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• um, not ketchup on the salads lol sorry
    Anonymous

• I also can't have pasta without parmesan cheese, I can't have roasted broccoli or asparagus without it either. We have leg of lamb traditionally for Easter, and I will not eat it without mint jelly.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Sour cream for my spaghetti (and plenty of other foods)! Ranch for too many foods to name! And good ol' ketchup & mustard.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Pesto, spicy mustard, sweet and spicy mustard, pickle spears, liquid aminos (like soy sauce), pepper sauce, homemade salsa, balsamic vinegar...Those are the most-used condiments in the house...and of course ketchup.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 1:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I have to have honey mustard for chicken nuggets and french fries, other then that i am normally condiment free.
    My daughter on the other uses Ranch for absolutly everything
    emilyellensmom

Answer by emilyellensmom at 1:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Ketchup is good for all things fried and/or fast food, and breakfast lol. I like mayo on almost all sandwiches (not pb&j or anything..). Cheese is a nice topping to lots of things (even if it's not a condiment, it's a nice accessory :P). Ranch is good for french fries, chicken strips and pizza crust but I'm picky about Ranch dressing. Not all Ranch is equal lol. I also like Honey Mustard for fries and chicken. I've been trying to eat better though so I haven't had very much of any of these condiments recently..
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Ohh I love ranch with EVERYTHING!! We have to have a ton of it in our house just incase we run out we have back up.LOL
    MrsDuff

Answer by MrsDuff at 1:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2011