(For working and single moms)

How much time do you get to spend with your child(ren) a day?
I am a single mom an I get to see my kids for about a hour or two in the morning and then for about a 1-3 hours (depending on school and bed time) in the evening. Weekends I get to see my dd every weekend and my son ever other (cause at his dad every 2nd weekend).

MamaWolf1981

Asked by MamaWolf1981 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• I wake my son up at 6:30 and we get ready for our day. I drop him off at daycare at 7:45sm and go to work until 5:10 when i pick him up. we spend all evening together except on tues. and wed. every week until 8pm when he eats dinner with his dad. and he gets my son every other weekend. it's easy for me and him because he lives just a couple of blocks away...pretty much walking distance.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 1:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I work and go to school fulltime, so I see my son a couple of hours a day..depending on my schedule and his.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• ~*Hugs*~... I am a SAHM, blessed to be one, and I came from a single family home so I know those sacrifices... most I can do is offer hugs!!! I knew when I had kids I wanted them to know I was able to drop whatever I was doing to handle whatever they are facing, homework, teaching them on the side, playing games... I have a date of sorts when I pick up my 5 year old to finger paint...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I work full time, so I am with my kids for about 30 min in the morning while i am getting them ready for the sitter and then about 3 or 4 hours in the evening depending on what time I get off work and what else is going on.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I soend a few hrs with my dd every morning & I work til 11pm cause her daycare closes !=@ 11 pm & i sopend about 30-45 mins @ night with her & rocking her to sleep
    mmtosam06

Answer by mmtosam06 at 2:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I spend an hour in the morning with them, and that is including the drive to daycare, then about 4 hours after work before bed, it is hard during the week, because there isn't enough time during the day. yes, I am with them, but I am also cooking, cleaning, bathing them etc..on the weekends, I do everything I can with them to make up for during the week
    december911

Answer by december911 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• less han an hour in the morning and maybe 2 and a half hours after work until bedtime. Most weekends i spend the whole time with her others my mom keeps her a night. This weekend is different and this week i havent seen here since tuesday night and wont pick her up until sunday i think... its been crazyness.
    ShireeCS

Answer by ShireeCS at 11:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2011