what if your kid is Gay and you voted against gay marriage?

If your kid is gay because whether the naive people know it or not you are born gay. If you don't believe that ask lets say 5 gay people " when did they know they were gay"? they will say I knew all my life . Then argue that they are not born that way. But my point is if your child is gay which you will not know until they are older and can make descions about how to live their life. How will you explain to them that you had a direct hand in banning their relationship to be married. How can you tell them that their love is not the same?

giovannismom01

Asked by giovannismom01 at 4:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Easy. My love for my child will never fail....regardless of the CHOICES he or she makes. If my child robbed a bank....I would still love them, but definitely not condone the action. If my child is gay, I would still love them, but not condone the action.

BTW - Not everyone believes that you are BORN gay. A lot of people believe that it's a choice.
    Anonymous

• wow to anonymous first of all its not a choice. Do you choice to be straight? No its just your attracted to men you didnt choose that. come on now. Dont be dumb.

ok back to the question i wouldnt vote against gay marriage. who am i tell someone that there love is not true.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• When we vote we don't vote on someone else's beliefs. We have to look within and vote according to our values, morals and conscience.  I will always love my children, but if I don't agree with gay marriage, then I just don't agree.  I wouldn't be offended if my child voted for gay marriage even if I didn't.  I don't know why this is such an issue with the pro-gay marriage crowd.  You don't want others forcing their beliefs on you, but that's exactly what you are doing by beating this dead horse.

Anonymous

• BTW - Not everyone believes that you are BORN gay. A lot of people believe that it's a choice.

have you personally asked any gay people about being gay or are you going by what the rest of the ignorant narrowminded people in the world report to you?
    giovannismom01

Answer by giovannismom01 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• When we vote we don't vote on someone else's beliefs. We have to look within and vote according to our values, morals and conscience. I will always love my children, but if I don't agree with gay marriage, then I just don't agree. I wouldn't be offended if my child voted for gay marriage even if I didn't. I don't know why this is such an issue with the pro-gay marriage crowd. You don't want others forcing their beliefs on you, but that's exactly what you are doing by beating this dead horse.

sorry equality is so mundane too.
    giovannismom01

Answer by giovannismom01 at 5:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Science has yet to find a "gay" gene therefore, you cannot be born gay because it is not in your DNA. I don't agree with gay marriage and if my son came to me and said "mom I'm gay" then I would still love him unconditionally because he is my child but I just wouldn't agree with his choice and would ask him to not do it around me. What he does behind closed doors and in his own time is up to him but I don't want to see it. That is my personal opinion.
    Anonymous

• mommy2B04 : Sweetie, I think we have a case of the pot calling the kettle black here. You called me dumb? You might want to review your posting and double check the grammar and spelling. "Do you CHOICE to be straight?" I think it's CHOOSE to be straight. And it's YOU'RE, which is a contraction meaning You Are, not Your which indicates possession. My beliefs don't make me dumb, but your lack of knowledge of basic English grammar might make others think you are.

giovannismom01 : No, I haven't done extensive research on polling gay people on whether they feel they were BORN gay. But I'd love to hear the results of all the polls and research you have done.
    Anonymous

• OP, what was the point of this question? Do you not think that parents (especially the mothers on this site) haven't though about the 'what if' scenario? You know, 'what if little Bobby came to me and told me he was gay? Would I support him in a gay marriage?" I mean, it's been what, over a week since the people of CA decided against gay marriage. Yeah, I know, it's a constitutional right. I don't know the logistics of CA law, so I won't go there. But really, what are you hoping to accomplish with this question? Are you looking for confrontation from behind the screen?
    Anonymous

• giovannismom01 : No, I haven't done extensive research on polling gay people on whether they feel they were BORN gay. But I'd love to hear the results of all the polls and research you have done.

If you call having dear friends close to my heart for years that are gay and going to gay events and clubs polls and research then yes I have done my research. but I guess you are too ignorant to do some research on something you are obviously passionate about hating on. But ignorant people go on what is told them instead of personally educating themselves.
    giovannismom01

Answer by giovannismom01 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Science has yet to find a "gay" gene therefore, you cannot be born gay because it is not in your DNA.

Is there a straight gene too?
    giovannismom01

Answer by giovannismom01 at 5:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2008