Anyone made a major career change after age 50?

I work in accounting and I like it okay but I'm getting rather bored. I'd like to make a change but I don't know how to even begin. Any suggestions, real life experiences?

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 1:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• I've been a stay at home mom for 20 years, I'll be 50 this year. I'd like to get into the job market, but of course with so many people out of work that have experience, I can't even seem to get an interview.

Sorry, I'm not any help, but I'd like to see what people have done as well. Good Luck.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I left my job in education when I was 50. I am now a Rep with Juice Plus. My income has tripled and I love helping people live healthier lives. I wish I had done this when I was 30.
    www.mywellnessgirl.com
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 1:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• What are you passions in life? Do you have any hobbies? Is there a niche in your community that needs filled? If so, you could start your own business.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I was a dental assistant for over 27 years,quit that and went into State job,after almost 5 years there,and a bad wrap i went into our family owned business.Now i am in sales and having a blast working with my husband.I am 51 !Go get out there and seek you some fun and make money doing it.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 3:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I am 45 and have recently changed gears. Just took CA state Real Estate test. Looking forward to something new and exciting. U can do anything you put your mind to.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 21, 2011