omg! im going to burn her house down!!!!

ok, so not really.
so heres the story. a week before xmas '09 we put a 2,000 dollar down payment on a mobile home. the total she wanted was like 7500. anyways, 3 weeks later, after we sold our house already, she calls me and tells me there was a problem. i figured she tell me the house burned down, or bottomed out, or what-not....nope, couldnt be that easy...she said she got a letter saying that she had a 21,000 dollar lien on her house, and the irs not only took her money out of all her accounts, but our 2 grand also!!! which is fine, whatever, pay us back....
she first said 500 a month for 4 months....great! but we still have to find a new place and the irs now has our down payment for it!
so anyways, she got me a job where she works, which helped, thanks! my problem is, she made 2 250 dollar payments, and it is now 20011. it has been over a year, and she says she has no money due to the irs taking money out of her check every week, which she says leaves her with only 40-50 left a week.
now im pissed b/c i just went to her house, we've been kinda friends since we've met, and she went and adopted a freaking dog!!!! she paid 195 "donation" for the stupid dog!
yet we haven't seen a penny from her in almost a year! b/c she is soooo POOR!
she has a live in boy toy, who doesn't work, who also brings his daughter there every weekend!
she also told me she was getting botox injections!!!! seriously? this bitch is like 50, and shes stiffing us for botox???? and a dog????

so what can i do? taking her to small claims court isn't gonna anything but put a judgement on her, and it isn't enforcable.
we couldn't pay all our bills this month. i am trying to find work. but with two kids, and no daycare, its gonna be a tough one, but i will eventaully find something.
we're not in any danger of losing our house, but im totally pissed that she has done this!

any ideas?

mama2bof2

Asked by mama2bof2 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• Well, I don't know what else to say but take her to small claims court. I mean, I don't know what other option you have then. Can't they garnish her wages if she works?

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• she has no wages by the time the irs is done taking out everything....which by the way, im not sure how much i believe of her story. i haven't seen any physical paperwork, or anything saying it happened or not. im just tired of barely making it and this bitch is getting a family pet, which costs moeny! and botox!
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• burn down the damn house! jk of course you cant do that but sounds like she fed you guys a load of bs from day one. did you guys have a contract at all to do with the sell of the property? or with her paying you guys back? if she can afford botox then she sure as hell can pay you guys back. id take her to small claims yea they may give her a judgement but it might make you feel a little better. and if she doesnt pay it they can put a warrent out for her (in some states) or put liens against other properties like car and what not.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Take her to court you'll find out the tyruth anyway its better than doing nothing
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I would invite her over and sit down and talk to her about needing a written agreement to pay back the rest of the money and have you both sign it. If she doesn't then go to small claims.....or well, it may seem corny but go to www.judgejudy.com and other judge show websites and submit your case to them. If you get picked to be on the show and you are awarded a judgement the show PAYS it....so at least you'll get your money for sure that way!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• we have all the papers we both signed about how we gave her 2000, and that we would pay her 400 a month till the rest is paid off. i used to have text messages that she agrreed she was paying 500 a month, then 250 a month. but it is boost, im not sure if they hold old texts like other cell companies do.
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i joked to my husband last night about going on judge judy or another one! lol.
    we really need to do something, b/c we're barely making it, and i have kids, she doesn't!
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Lol, mama2bof2, I was thinking the same thing.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• When you have a lien on any property,after the debt is paid that you owed,the lien is always lifted.For someone to put a lein on you,you have not been paying bills or irs.But the irs cannot take all of paychecks only a percentage.If she sold you a property,she had to of known there was a lien on it which is fraud.Before you can buy a property,that's the number one question is this a clear title??I have put liens on folks,and they want it gone quick.It ruins your credit,and i think legally,if you have a receipt you should not just take her to small claims court,you should sue her for fraud.I promise you if just one letter from a lawyer is sent to her ,you might be amazed how fast she pays you.She mis- represented herself in not having a clear title to the property.A simple call to the towns records dept would have answered all,as this is public information.Sorry but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 3:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Ugh that sucks so bad! I have a feeling that you're going to have to forgive and forget.
    Do you have proof of the down payment?
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2011