depo shot!!

i got the depo shot in december..well got my period on the 29th n still have it..its more spotting than a regular period...is that normal??

mommyof3_21

Asked by mommyof3_21 at 1:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Health

• When I was on the depo shot, I bled for 9 weeks. After I started my first period on the shot, I never stopped bleeding. Afer the 3 months, I got on the pill.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 1:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• you can have spotting for a while with the depo shot, it should clear up by the time you get your next shot, in my case I spotted off and on for 2 weeks and then I lost my period all together, which I didn't mind. If you can't make it thru that go on the pill or other contraceptives, but if you're like me you don't want an IUD and you won't take the pill punctually, wait a while for the depo to adjust with your body/hormones.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:58 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• You can have light bleeding or spotting for MONTHS. I had 2 depo shots, meaning it was birth control for 6 months. And I had light pink bleeding pretty much everyday during that 6 months. I stopped taking it because of that and then while my body adjusted again I had 3 heavy periods in 5 weeks before my cycles went back to normal.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I have been on depo for a little over a year, and i just stopped bleeding! It'd stop for a few days and then I'd spot for a few weeks....it's super frustrating, just make sure you let your doctor know, mine gave me estrodiol to help with my symptoms.....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• it is so frustrating. like i got the dang thing so me n hubby could do it witout gettin prego lol but cant do it cuz of the dang spottin :(
    mommyof3_21

Comment by mommyof3_21 (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2011