Has anyone quit smoking?

I quit smoking almost a week ago. And so far its been easy my question is does it keep getting easier or does it get harder? I just want to know what to expect. I am seriously suprised it has been going so well.

Asked by emilyellensmom at 1:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Health

• I have never smoked, but I just wanted to say good job and give you a bump!

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• it was easy for me, but i was only really a social smoker anyway

Answer by pookipoo at 1:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I,ve tried to quit so mant times especially in the last year, So far no luck. Good for you.

Answer by Rachel24517 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I quit six years ago, and I remember it being really hard for the first 4 or 5 weeks. Did you quit cold turkey or use patches or gum? I have known a few people that quit and said it was pretty easy for was hard for me, but soooooooo worth it. Congratulations for quitting! You will feel a lot better--not to mention save a lot of money! :)

Answer by heathermarie32 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I quite cold turkey on the 15th, I am so proud of myself maybe its because i really want to do it for myself this time. Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement.

Comment by emilyellensmom (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I am so proud of myself maybe its because i really want to do it for myself this time

thats probably why :) quitting is really only possible if you want to. sometimes people quit because they think they should, or various other reasons. but quitting is more will power than anything else, so as long as you want to & keep wanting to, you have all the tools you need to stop. i wish i were as strong as you, i keep telling myself to quit and i havent been able to yet. great job!

Answer by tnm786 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I quit cold turkey 3 weeks ago. It keeps getting easier! Good job!!

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I quit abou 2 years ago and I can't believe I have made it this long. It gets way easier! I liked its free and it tracks your progress..I checked mine because I actually forgot when I quit. It says I have not smoked 12,224 disgusting is that. My friends who didnt quit have smoked that many in only 2 years!!! It also tells you how much money you have saved. Way to go by the way, you will be sooooo much healthier!

Answer by ria7 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2011