Legal advice.

I am thinking of getting married to my SO of 2yrs. We have a daughter. And I have son from before we got together. The guy on his BC is NOT his father I thought he was but we took a DNA test and it said no. So that means the guy that is is a bad Man and would not be good for my son. Anyway I want to take the last name he has off his BC I would like to change it to my SO's after we get married or if nothing else to my madien name. Any advice on how to do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• Can your soon to be husband just adopt him since the father listed on his birth certificate isn't really his father?
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 4:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Thats what i want to know and how do i do it? I asked a friend and she said that he culdnt until i get his "sperm donor" to sign over rights. But I was raped and he doesn even know that heis his son. Yes i know who it is. And I know he wont sign over rights if I told hm just to spite me.
    Anonymous

• Deny who the real father is and say you have no clue. Then they can't make you have him sign over his rights because you "don't know who it is".
    Anonymous

• just tell them he is and they will have him sign papers accepting full responsibly for him he will not have to do a DNA test ...good luck

Anonymous

• really!? anon 7:02?
    i thought they would have to do one.
    Anonymous

• If the guy on his BC has no say in it, just let your new SO adopt him. That may make things easier.
    ketha04

Answer by ketha04 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• but how do we do that? thats what i dont get.
    Anonymous

• anon 7:02 here again lol ...yes my son's father acknowledged paternity at the courts and he did not have to take a test they just told him that if we broke up I could get him for child support and he could not at that time request a DNA unless he was going to pay for it ...I hope all works out for you

Anonymous

• to adopt he usually you have to be married for 6 months and children serv will have to get involved nothing against you though go to your Local Law Library its free and filled with a ton of help

Anonymous