Question about my tattoo

I got my first tattoo on Saturday, and its on my foot,and they told me to wrap it in plastic wrap, and put the tattoo balm on it and to do this three times a day and each time wash it with antibacterial soap, and to do this for 4 days on the morning of the 5th day take the wrap off leave it off wash it once a day for 7-10 days and put the balm on and rub all the way in. Ok so I done this I'm on day 5 and it is extremely dry, looks like I have dried glue on my foot, so I keep rubbing the balm on my foot, its really hard to "rub" all the way in also.. Is this normal? If not what do I do?

MizMzBowz

Asked by MizMzBowz at 1:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• It's normal. It's just healing.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 1:55 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Well is it ok to keep putting the balm on more than once? Its so itchy and hurts from being dry I don't want to mess it up o.O
    MizMzBowz

Comment by MizMzBowz (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Its normal. Try like curel lotion (thats what I used on mine).
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• love the tat by the way
    MamaWolf1981

• Will try that, and thanks=)
    MizMzBowz

Comment by MizMzBowz (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• So pretty! I agree with MamaWolf1981. Put some lotion on it. When I got my tattoo back in 1998, I wasn't told to put any type of balm on it. I just used lotion.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 2:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My husband has alot of tattoos and he always uses the regular polysporin (white creme) for a few days & then a good creme like Curel afterwards
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• oh ya EEEEOUCH that must of hurt right there on top of your foot! looks nice...
    sarasmommy777

• This is all really good to know, should I re apply every it starts feeling dry again?
    MizMzBowz

Comment by MizMzBowz (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Lol it did hurt mostly by my big toe and in front of my little toes, then on the side where the ribbon is and on top where my leg starts the actual top of the foot and the opposite side of the ribbon didn't hurt hardly at all
    MizMzBowz

Comment by MizMzBowz (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2011