how to find a job

im over fifty and need to find a part time job ive tried appling the normal places but i really dont have any experience in the job market. im living with my daughter and her family so are my son whose special needs and my younger daughter and her two kids. by the way my older daughter has two boys. help i need advice. were always under each others feet and fighting over money which there isnt any

stressedoutgran

Asked by stressedoutgran at 1:55 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have the perfect suggestion for you. Merchandising. Merchandising jobs are great because usually you get to create your own schedule. Most of the time, you'll have a week or a month at a time to get projects completed. This allows for great flexibility. You can find them at www.narms.com. Go to the Jobs/Career tab and Search the Job Bank. Enter in your state and search.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Try putting an add on Craigslist offering babysitting.
    Anonymous

• I would sit down a figure out an updated resume complete with referances, it makes a great 'cheat sheet 'while filling out an application, figure out what you are the most inclined to do based on experiance and personal physical ability and hit the local ads both on line and news paper, when ever possible apply in person, the net is swamped with online apps, good luck and best
    firelites

Answer by firelites at 2:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Try to work for the state. Most are sit down jobs and require little to no previous experience to do a clerical job
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 3:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Great question, I am in the same boat but younger, I feel your pain. Hugssss.
    Lisa_Lynn

Answer by Lisa_Lynn at 9:37 AM on Jan. 21, 2011