I saw sarah palin saying the left linked her with shooting the other day and before the interview was over she did the same thing, why would either side try an use such a tragedy for their benifit?

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• didnt the media start the whole thing by blasting the infamous cross-hairs picture everywhere? or do we count media as left unless its Fox? cause the first article i saw that mentioned any of the gun rhetoric was from the AP and those tend to be pretty flat as far as commentary goes.

Palin should just stop talking about it and then maybe the media would stop talking about it. while i think she has no fault in the AZ tragedy she really isnt doing herself any favors by playing into the frenzy. she needs to figure out that no matter what she says, someone will find a way to make her out as either an idiot or a violence promoter or both. i believe it was Lincoln who said "better to be thought a fool then to opens one's mouth and remove all doubt" but in her case it would be "let things go cause your just gonna make it worse when you speak".
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Your question is misleading, particularly to those who didn't see for themselves Sarah Palin's remarks.

In the interviews I watched, she did not actually "do the same thing". She didn't accuse the left of causing any violent tragedy. She cited instances when other tragedies were committed by people who embraced left-wing ideas they were hearing, and she quoted examples of the same uses of words being done by leftist media or politicians.

If you see the entire statement, and listen with clear thinking, this is obvious.

The only way I can figure to arrive at the conclusion that she "did the same thing" - that is, link leftist celebrities with a shooting - is if you are deliberately misled by the way your source presents it ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Nobody should use it. I didn't watch Sarah Palin say that (or anything, I don't follow Palin news), but nobody should use it for any reason but to gain a better understanding of mental health issues. JMO

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• The left did blame her. She is just pointing the obvious where she has had to defend herself to knee jerk reactions. I dont think she would have mentioned the shootings otherwise.

Answer by gemgem at 2:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Many on the left attempted to blame Palin and right "rhetoric" ... Just go back to the weekend of the shooting and look at the questions/answers HERE on CM... Some of the liberals have a sick obsession.... Palin didn't back down to their attempts... For any links one could make to the left, another could be made to the left, or to NO political stance at all.... But the left started the blame game and tried to keep it going.. They failed. Most of America didn't buy the sh*t some of those sickos on the left were trying to sell minutes/hours after the shooting...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• And if you look at the "blame game".... NBC, MSNBC, CNN, Newsweek, NY Times, CBS vs. Palin....... They (in mentioned media) brought a knife.... She fought back and defended herself. I don't agree with all she said... But I understand her need to fight back..
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• tn, it's grly's anonostalker hard at work.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Exactly why was grly voted down? She gave the absolute truth of the deal.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Ohh tnmom... It's ok.. I have an idea WHO did it... When they vote me down, it just confirms I am right and it irked them.... :o) No worries... 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• What exactly are you referring too? You might get more answers if you had a credible question
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:55 PM on Jan. 20, 2011