Ever think with all the random questions on here that the people who actually need real advice get overlooked?

Im not trying to say that everyone here isnt looking for real advice. And I am honestly NOT trying to offend anyone. But I see some questions from women who really seem to need some advice and just in general someone to talk to.. And most of these questions are the ones with the least amount of answers. Yet questions of people asking like, whats your favorite color, seem to get tons of answers. Again, not trying to offend anyone.. I just kind of feel bad for the people who really need someone to listen, and really just need an outside point of view on things.. But they get ignored because people dont feel like reading the post, maybe its too long, maybe the title wasnt catchy enough? So, along with my original question.. Another question I have is, for those who feel like they need more advice, or their question was overlooked.. What can they do to draw you in and make you want to answer the question? Thanks all! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I was going to say the same thing as PP pretty much everybody has a favorite color, can vote on if they like this or that. Depending on who is here at the time they might not have any info regarding the question.

I never thought about it if I don't have anything to offer I will just move on instead maybe I will bump when they are on page 2 etc.

As far as getting more answers if people expanded more on what they were trying to find out that would help a lot. The questions that are titles only sometimes its not clear and then if you ask for more info you don't always get it. I am talking about like if you ask what kind of behavior is normal for ___ age. If they said is it normal for a say 3 year old to do this and explain people would get more answers.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I dont answer the question if I dont know the answer or if I was never in that situation. Everyone has an answer to "whats your favorite color or coke or pepsi" questions.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I don't think the noise of fun questions is a problem. A few good answers to a serious question are better than 45 ones to a question no one cares about.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Same with me I only answer question that i kjnow an answer for,..but i have said before some of this rudeness has probly ran people off
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I think its because they want the "credits"
    maybaby22

Answer by maybaby22 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I assume that they have fewer answers because not everyone is capable of offering advice, especially if they haven't been in that particular situation. I always look for "real" questions to answer, but I won't do more than bump a question that I can't help the OP with (I do bump, almost always, though if they don't have any answers). It's just easier for people to answer things like, "What's your favorite color?" because that's something that anyone can answer and there is no right answer. But if the question is something like, "Does anyone have a special needs child?" I won't answer it because I don't have one, but I will bump it to help them get answers.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I would rather answer some fun questions that the serious ones all the time, but if think I can help I will answer those too. If it weren't for the fun questions, though, I wouldn't be here.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Oh and as far as getting more answers goes, I agree that it would help if some of them offered a little more detail. Others could stand to offer less detail, as well. I've read a lot of the really long questions, and JMO, some could have been shortened and still gotten the message/point across. I know that there are situations where a lot of detail is necessary, but sometimes people ramble a little. I've been guilty of it as well, so I'm not just putting blame on others for that. I've also not offered enough detail before, but I try to check on my questions several times a day to see if anything needs clarification.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Often there's only one answer - or a few minor variations of one answer. There's not much point in 30 people posting the exact same thing if it's already been covered in the first two or three answers.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2011