unemployment

my dh's work might be going under soon. he's worked there for about 4 years, quit for about 6 months and now he's working there again. he has been working there for about 4+ months. how long does he have to work there to be able to claim unemployment if it goes under? We live in Texas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would think he can claim it as soon as he is unemployed. I didn't think you had to work somewhere a certain about of time before you claim unemployment.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 2:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• http://www.twc.state.tx.us/customers/jsemp/jsempsub2.html

This site might have the answer to your question.

Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 2:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• In my state, they look back at all the employers you have had in the past year. The amount of money you get is based on how much you made in that calander year.

Although, if he's already claimed unemployment anytime in the past 12 months, he isn't eligable.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Don't you have to work at a place 18 straight months?
    Anyways, you should be able to find it. Google Texas Unemployment.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I believe here in IL you have to have been employed at least 12 months. Check your state UE website.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I think it varies from state to state. I thought the minimum average was 6 months. But since he worked there before for a longer stint, maybe that will be sufficient? You will have to call your local unemployment offices. It can't hurt to just call and ask! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2011