3rd child?

So i have a 3,5 yr old and a 18 month old and I totally have baby fever.nmh husband has always known I want more children. Although he thinks it's a lot of work, yet I breastfeed and do all the hard part. I also have a steady income running my own daycare. He has agreed to start trying in September but isn't excited. He says he knows it's important to me but he thinks he is content and and he is to old lol ( he is 24) ridiculous. I'm sad he isn't interested. He is a great great father but I can't contain my desire to have more. Anyone else understand? I'm only 22 and I'm not ready to say I'm done. Let me add we are very stable in a nice home, finically with no debt, ect...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• If he thinks he's too old, tell him to go get a vasectomy! Somehow the thought of sharp objects around their bits shuts 'em up. (My husband was 40. No way in HELL he cold have been a dad in his 20s, nor was I ready that early. Old is a state of mind.)

Did you talk about this before marriage? Number of children is a pre-proposal subject, and there needs to be agreement before a ring is accepted. If something has changed, you need to look at the reasons why there was a change and come up with reasons other than baby fever... which passes.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• OMG! What is it with you baby-making mothers? Really, at 22! How pathetic! Instead of trying to be like the Duggers, why don't you spend quality time with your kids and husband. STOP being selfish and try adopting if you want more kids. And YES, your husban does and should have a say regarding expanding the family. He's your husband, doesn't his thoughts and feeling matter to you? Apparently, not! Grow up miss young 22 and be a good wife and cook your husband a hot meal! For everyones sake, I hope you are DONE!! If I were your husband and you got preg on purpose and without consent, can you say Divorce?... Grow up!
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Ya actually I graduate next year. My husband and both have good paying jobs and are building a good savings so before you judge get all the facts right.

On another note I told him I wanted a large family because I grew up with lots of brothers and sisters and loved it. I love being a mom.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• An annual income of 75,000 a yr.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I think that you should consider where you husband is coming from, You are only 22 and have alot of time to have more kids, You sound responsible, but think how much your husband would appreciate you waiting for him to be ready,, a good mommy must also be a good wife. I think also to appreciate what you have,,,, think how many women can't even have one kidddo, and yours are so little I kind of think it almost unfair to have another one, while you are already doing daycare, and dividing your attention between others now! Whatever you decide is best for you as a family is what you should do, but I think things go alot better when your both on the same page! Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I would wait but if he says he feels too old now what's it going to be like later. Also, is it worth having a big age gap and really waitingbtil kids are in school to restart in all? Thanks for avrespectful answer! :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Gosh, make $50,000 per child, I guess I should have any of my three then! lol
    Honestly, your dh sounds like mine. We have three and I would like at least two more. I have always wanted a big family, being a mom is my dream job, I love it! (I also have an in-home daycare) My dh, on the other hand, is content with our three and said if that is all that we have that is fine. But he has also said that if we have more is okay with that as well. We are planning to start trying this November (meaning me going off birth control and whatever happens, happens). And yes, you are young, and to me that is a reason to have your kids now and not later. You will be able to be young grandparents and have many years alone with your husband after the children have moved out. Good luck to you and whatever you guys decide.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 3:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Why are you guys being so hurtful?! holy crap back off the girl.

I think you should talk to your husband about it in full detail. If both parties aren't in it together resentment may develope and you don't want that. I know you want three now, but it could change in a few more months. Ignore these psychos I thinks it's wonderful to have kids and if you can have tons and afford it then do it. But remember BOTH people have to want it. 24 is to young to be old, lol. Maybe there is an underlying issue he is afraid to tell you. Just talk to him and give him time. Good luck
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Maybe give him a little time, then bring it up again. As long as you are well off financially and he decides to want more. Then I say go for it. Good Luck!!!!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I would stop pushing the issue for now and approach it in a few months, maybe even a year. I have times when I think about having a third, but then I think about how my youngest is almost out of diapers and how great it will be to be done with that stage. So then I rethink having to go through it again.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2011