38w 4d discharge?

Yesterday my doctor tried to stretch my membranes even though my cervix was shut. Today i'm having boogery like disharge. It comes in long shreds or short tiny ones. No blood, just slightly white boogers. Any idea's on whats going on?

sbushman13011

Asked by sbushman13011 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like your mucus plug
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 2:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Does this mean labor may be around the corner? Or hopefully i'm starting to dilate? I'm supposed to be getting induced Monday (maybe). For pre-eclampsia and my kidneys have been hurting super bad lately.. So i was just curious. Trying to avoid a c-section.
    sbushman13011

Comment by sbushman13011 (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Losing your mucus plug means you are dilating. When they stretch your cervix like that it can sometimes get things moving better. However you can dilate weeks and even months before delivery. :) Good luck with everything.
    charismatic

Answer by charismatic at 2:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I lost my mucous plug about a month before I went into labor. It really depends. It does mean there is a change in your cervix but like I said before.. I lost my mucous plug a month before I went into labor. Things you can do to help your cervix.. have sex and lots of it! Semen softens the cervix. If you can afford it, get a prenatal massage, ask the massage therapist if he can press the pressure points that can help induce labor.. there are 3 spots: the feet, the lower back, and the soft part of your hand. I warn you it does hurt.. feels like someone pressing on a bruise right over the bone. Note: sex, pressure points, and other methods of inducing labor will only work if you're within 72 hours of going into labor naturally
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 2:58 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• also, with my first pregnancy.. I was 2cm dilated for 2 months
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 2:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I wasn't dilated at all. So they tried to do it. And i've been having it since. So sooooooooon hopefully ! AH :D
    sbushman13011

Comment by sbushman13011 (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Having your membranes swept (or stripped) can cause you to go into labor anytime from within a few hours of having it done to within a few days. Sometimes, it doesn't work at all, but I can tell you from my own personal experience with my last pregnancy, having my membranes swept was just what I needed to get the very strong but non-productive contractions that I had been having for three weeks to turn into full on labor within 6 hours. I am so grateful to my midwife for suggesting it. My reasons are irrelevant, but suffice it to say, for me, it worked.

I hope you have a relaxed, easy labor and delivery and a strong, healthy baby.
    Branwen70

Answer by Branwen70 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Ty! that's so sweet of you !
    sbushman13011

Comment by sbushman13011 (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• When they stripped my cervix I had the same goo like boogers my doctor told me that it was just pieces of my mucus plug It doesnt mean that you will go into labor any time soon when they did strip mine with my oldest daughter they actually had to induce me about three weeks later because my labor wasnt going anywhere I was only one cm dialated for the entire three weeks good luck though hopefully you have the baby soon let us know
    bobbietrayer

Answer by bobbietrayer at 7:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I will i will ! Ugh, hopefully it's time ! I only have 10 days left anyways. So if i don't get induced monday there's always another day.
    sbushman13011

Comment by sbushman13011 (original poster) at 7:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2011