Was I rude?

A couple of people in my family have big mouths and always expect me to listen to why they are picked on.
I know they antagonise people. They try to get me upset from time to time. So I stay away.
Last night when my Mom called she tried telling me about some guy in her office, which she has a big mouth.
So I held the phone away from my head and only put it to my ear to see if she was still talking and to say uh.. huh.
She realized what I was doing. But to my defense, I just don't want to hear it because it is something everyday.
Is that rude?

I have a daughter taking midterms and that is more important at the moment.

idaspida

Asked by idaspida at 2:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Rude MEh it wasn't like you said look your dumb your problems are stupid shut the hell up. You were letting her get it off her chest and vent. Do you need to deal with every last problem of hers no. Sure sometimes its better to listen but if it happens all the time then maybe she needs to realize
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 2:58 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• it is rude but sometimes its also all you can do when others dont listen.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 2:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Yeah, that was rude. It may have been justified, but that doesn't mean it wasn't rude. "Two wrongs don't make a right." It's a cliche but I think it applies here. I am sorry that your family is so hard to handle - I know exactly what you mean and there are some things that my family members do that drive me insane and ALWAYS WILL. It takes a lot of effort to put up with it all sometimes, and I don't always succeed either - sometimes I am rude.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 2:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Yeah kinda rude but i hear you,been there.I just usually say dang gotta go to the bathroom later.Bye
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I think if you just told your mom you was busy with your DD would have been kinder, If you don't like how they act don't go to their level. I do think you was rude. A day may come when you wish you had your mom to talk to. JMHO
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• jugglingYea but sometimes when life is crazy its just easier

peace013

Answer by peace013 at 2:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It's rude..but I don't blame ya. You should've just told her you didn't have time to talk about it.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• it was alittle rude but I think everyone has been in that sort of situation. I would just try to make excuses as to why you can't talk or only have a minute to talk. I have found that the people that make our lives stressful with all their drama need more attention then that so they will find someone that has the time to listen to them and they will not be calling you as much.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Yeah, sort of, but I do the same thing. I can only do so many things at once and if you just want to call me and gripe, be prepared to not be the most important thing going on at the moment.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:58 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• No, i do that it keeps us sane!!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2011