30th birthday party.

so were going to one on this weekend. At first it was 10 couples and a dinner (we each pay our own way) Now it has gotten crazy, were my friend (who is having it for herself) asked for a private room cause there are like 40 people or something. My husband and I have to pay a sitter to come watch our kids plus buy our meal (not complaining about that). This is a friend who "never" has time to do things with me but post on others facebook page "We need to do lunch, shopping, ect.." Again!! Never ask me to do anything, or says hey were going out tonight wanna go. So really I don't want to go to the party but it is a night out without kids. She has never bought me anything for my party and for my wedding she gave us $30!< she makes $15 a hour, plus has a second job so she is not hurting for money!! She was the maid of honor! ( I don't have many freinds). Do I have to buy her a gift? What do you think if she don't get one?

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• oh gosh, I think one of your kiddos got "sick"! I would not go and have a lovely date with my hubby, don't make an issue out of it, she will fad off in the sunset when you stop bending over backwards for her!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I would not buy a gift. What could she need?
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 2:55 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i wouldnt go at all. she is not a true friend. you dont need that. and im not being rude about it but friendship is a two way street.
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 2:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Thats tough, but I would say if you are going you need to get her something small. I would do a visa gift card for about $15. Good luck with your decision and enjoy if you go.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 2:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I am going cause I know alot of the people going. It would make me look really bad!.. My hubby doesn't like this girl, so he is going for me.. I was only invited to this cause I asked her if she had plans for her birthday then she texted me back and said yeah going to dinner. I had to ask her if my hubby was invited then she said yes alot of men will be there, why didn't she say that first. and iluvmybabe your right I don't need her, but right now I need to be friendly since I need to use her in our adoption case
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Yes, you have to buy her a present if you go.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• well i guess u kinda have to go but i wouldnt get an extravagant gift just something small like 10 or 15 dollars
    autisticcousin

Answer by autisticcousin at 3:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• my husband says I better not buy her anything. He said we will buy her a drink while there. is that good enough?
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I like that idea!!. my son is sick, perfect.. but she would catch on. I need her for our court hearing so I can't piss her off. After I am done with that hearing and done in court, I am going to just stop calling, texting, facebooking her.
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2011