hcg levels after a m/c

Funny that I am posting this after so much frustration and sadness with 2 m/c's in 8 months but my Hcg levels were not monitored at my Dr. visit (like I had asked and she said it wasn't necessary). So, I took matters into my own hands and read on here that some women have taken HPT's after a m/c until there is no longer a line (then we can assume that when no second line is present, our levels are at least below 10) I took an HPT one week after my loss 2 1/2 weeks ago and I could still see a faded line. I took one today and it is gone completely. I am actually relieved as I am now expecting AF to arrive in a week or two (if I actually did ovulate this week, like I think I did) or at the very least, I know it is on its way and will wait, and then we can actually start TTC again :)

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 2:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• GOOD LUCK!! I'm going my appointment with my midwife next week and she said she will check my levels again to make sure they are below 5 just to make for 100% sure that I had a complete miscarriage since it was natural. My uterus was clear but they just want to make sure.

Also as you know....there is NO REASON to wait. The research simply doesn't support that idea! GOOD LUCK WITH TTC!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I thought that with the first m/c but after only a month and recooperating from a D & C, our NP told us that we were okay to start again then. Now, I have m/c early at6 weeks and it has been 3 weeks this Saturday, January 22. I had my first appt. following my natural m/c January 1, and again, she told me to just go ahead and start TTC as there is no harm in doing so. Every woman's situation is unique so each woman will be given different advice, but we are emotionally okay and ready to try again. If my cycle doesn't resume just yet then I will know that is my body telling me it just isn't ready or another pregnancy at this time.....and more time is necessary for my body to heal.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I would give myself atleast a few month after a miscarriage
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 2:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011