Facebook question

Can you hide you are friends with someone? Here is the situation. My mom just got on FB. She is friends with my brothers ex. my brothers urrent fiance is very jealous and would be upset if she knew. This is my brothers ex from high school and he is 27 now..so it was a long time ago and my mom and her mom have always been friends. We live in a small town and my brother doesnt care who my mom is friends with. We do want to be respectful of the new girlfriend though and not cause problems for them. (brother and his girlfrind live 5 hrs away from us). Can my mom "hide" her online friend status with the ex girlfriend? If yes how?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• If they are on your friends list you can't hide your friends from your friends. Just block them or make your account private. No one who is on my friends list can see my friends or even my profile.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• not with the new profile.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• actually, u can and i did it myself, NOONE can see who i'm friends with (=

account > privacy setting > customize settings > relationships > change that to ''only me''
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Bumping for ya. I know you could hide your friends list back when I was a member, but if they have changed things again, I have no clue.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i dont think you can hide a friend from another friend...
    MrsDuff

Answer by MrsDuff at 3:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Yeah, knicole is right. I was curious and looked and you can set it that only you can see who your friends are.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Hide the whole page from her
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Go to privacy settings and you can choose who can see your friend list.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 8:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• The only why I know is if the new GF has the old GF blocked then she cant see what she is doing even if its on his and your mothers page
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I agree keep info private just allow who you want to be your friends
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2011