health insurance

any 1 can giv me some pointers and or somewhere that offers good insurance.. im 27 years old and i want some health insurance for myself

mymommasgirl

Asked by mymommasgirl at 2:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Health

• My best advice for finding health insurance.

1) See what insurance is available in your state. Not all insurance companies do business in every state.
    2) Look into your local hospitals (I'm not sure how big of an area you live in.. I live in a descent sized city I checked all major hospitals/major hospital networks/clinics), clinics, dr's offices ..etc.. and see which insurance companies are the prevailing ones. Meaning the one's are accepted at the most places.
    3) Once you have that list. Start researching each one for: prices, what coverages they offer, who offers you the most bang for you buck. Be sure to compare things like : is it PPO or HMO, do you have co-pays or not, is there a deductible if so how much, RX coverage or not..etc.. If you have special health issues or needs be sure to check who would cover those the best.

From there pick which one covers all you need/want covered and which policy/plan you can afford
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I liek blue cross/blue shield. I jsut bought it from a local agent. He talked to me about all the plans, what they meant and how much they cost.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Talk with your employers hukman resourses yhey should be able to suipply you with various insursence plans so you can compare
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Man, I can't one-up pixie_trix's answer. She hit it right on the nose!
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 12:58 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I did a ton of research for our family, so ours is based on a family of 5, it's through Golden Rule, United Healthcare. We have medical, hospital, dental, vision and gap ins for 600.00/month. The deductable is 2500, and we have gap ins that pays that if we're hospitalized. Our copays are 35.00 for dr visits, and nothing for reg dental, and vision. 15.00 copay on scripts, and less if we can get generic.
    I went through a broker in our area, he searched for the best coverage for our family, and this was the best coverage for the price.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:06 AM on Jan. 21, 2011