how do i get a list of parents with autistic children who need financial assistance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• Doubt you can. That info is private.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I don't know why you would need it - sounds like an invasion of privacy to me.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Autism is a medical diagnoses protected under HIPAA. Unless the parents divulge the diagnosis and their need for financial assistance, you can't.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• If you have assistance available, you could promote it to organizations made up of families with autism. You could offer asstance through your school.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• tootoobusy that's a great idea.

OP I think you're going to have a hard time getting that information unless families volunteer it.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• You can't. It is personal information. If you are offering assistance, go to your local school district and work with them on identifying someone that needs assistance.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• The only way I could see this happening is if you run a non-profit and they voluntarily give you the information.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Instead of asking parents for their personal information, I would put together a website that details the kind fo financial assistance avialble and for which circumstances, then to generate income (which I'm assuming you would want to be able to do), you could charge a small "subscription fee" to learn more and/or to assist these parents with the application process.

I have two autistic children, but we do not need financial assistance, and I certainly wouldn't give "just anyone" my financial information! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2011