Fired...

So, run down...
Dec 27th, I gave my boss a notice that I would be leaving the company and Jan 28th would be my last day. Great...fine.
So, I had 29 1/2 days of vacay left. I took a day Friday Jan 14th, personal reason. Took 2 yesterday and today.
And this morning, I get an email from him...he fired me.

I was going to be a SAHM...still am. But, Jesus, that just pisses me off. So, I applied to unemployment since I'm fired.

What an ass, right?

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• Um you did take 3 personal days in a very short period of time so depending on the companies policy he has a right.

At lease you can get unemployment till you find another job, that's always a huge plus :)
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I wonder if he knew he was doing you a favor.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• what was the reasoning for firing ya??

hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• He fired you over email? That's a douchey thing to do.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Lol...is he stupid? I can't imagine why he would have done that when you had already given notice. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 3:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I dont think so...that's the issue, when you put in a notice and then you start using paid vacation, you are asking to be released. It's the bosses discretion to keep you on as a team member/employee etc when you give your notice. Sometimes, like when you work for people like my mom, you give a week notice you get the privilege of turning in your office stuff, keys, etc that day and receiving a check as you exit the door. **Keeping people around who have quit is a liability to her company, it's a bank, people have been known to steal in their last days of work because they think they won't get caught. "
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i agree.. he is an ass. those were your vacation days that you earned. i guess maybe he was just upset that you took those days so close before you left. he didnt have to be so rude about it though.
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 3:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Yes, I did take them close together. However, I am sick and do have a doctors note.

But, whatev. He did do me a favor :)

The reason is because I missed Friday, Wednesday and Thursday.
    Chloesmom1126

Comment by Chloesmom1126 (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• most of the time you cant get unemployment if you were fired, esp. if you were taking time off.
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• He did you a favor. He should have to pay you those vacation days though.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 3:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2011