Health care for your chilren?

Do you have health care for you children? For yourself? If so are your children covered under your work healthcare? If not then why? Is it becasue teh cost is too high?

MamaWolf1981

Asked by MamaWolf1981 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• She does, I don't. Nobody will cover me because of a pre-existing condition.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My kids are all covered under my DH's health insurance he gets through work. It's expensive, but we can't have the family without insurance.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I have coverage through my DH....and our DD has it too.
    We're all covered, but it ddoes cost.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My kids are covered under my husband works health care
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• yes they are covered through their dads job.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• We all have insurance through hubby's work.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Yes we all have healthcare. Including: dental, optical, prescription, mental health coverage, addiction coverage, and a few other frills.

All employer provided and paid for.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My children have Health care through the State. I pay a premium each month to keep them covered. My DH and I have insurance through his work. It would be to expensive to cover all 4 of us but if we didn't qualify for state care for the kids we would figure it out to have them covered.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My daughter has Medicaid and we have nothing. My parents have had middle-class income at least since I was 10, and before that had periods of more affluence and of less, but they have never had insurance. Don't believe in it. Think it is a scam. So, I was kind of unprepared to deal with the whole insurance thing, and my DH works for his father's company and his father also refuses to get healthcare coverage for his employees. So, she had it, we didn't, up until just now. I just got on my University health insurance plan, which is relatively cheap, like $700 per year, but I still have to pay it. My husband still has nothing, and I'm waiting for an answer if it will cover her as my dependent, and if so, for what. In two years, I should be able to get health insurance for us all through a teacher's organization, right now I have liability insurance through one as I am an intern, but not medical yet.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Insurance is really expensive! My child are covered under Healthy Families. Hubby has VA and I have share of cost medi-cal. I wish we had private insurance but its more than half our rent a month so we just can't swing it.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 4:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2011