ttc for awhile now...

We have been TTC for about 4 months now. We were successful in november, but had a miscarriage after 2 weeks. I just did my had my second pregnancy test after the miscarriage. I'm starting to feel very emotional like I should just give up. Have any of you ever felt this way? How did you keep your mind off of these thoughts? How long did it take you to get pregnant after you started TTC?

usdragonflies

Asked by usdragonflies at 3:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• The average couple,with no fertility issues, takes up to a year and a half to conceive. So you're barely getting started. Relax and put the focus back on the hubby and how good the practice feels.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• hang in there. if you give up or get stressed after a few months, it cold be a painful road for you. Like my doctor told me (recently) we only one chance, if even that, a month, so it's a long process. we've been ttc for almost 4 years. Now we haven't been as aggressive as we could have, but the "anti" keeps going up with every failed method. We are now heading into high dose shots and artificial insemination for the next step.

My sister tried for 5 years or so, and they have a beautiful baby. I know lots of women who have tried for years and years, and have children now, so i can't let myself give up. I had a miscarriage early on too. Think of it this way, at least you know your body CAN get pg. that really is a big important thing.
    Anonymous

• It took me a long time to get pregnant with my first. I tried EVERYTHING! I tried OPKs, fertility monitors, fertility vitamins, etc. Then FINALLY I started charting and got pregnant.

I've gotten pregnant on the first cycle every time we've tried since then. Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• I know how you feel myself and my husband have been trying now for 6months just got clomid from my doc now to take next cycle so thats a bit of hope for us. The few monthe you are trying may seem long but it took us three years last time. I didnt even believe it when it happened because we put it out of our minds and just let it happen naturally. But what made this time worse for us is I had a perfectly healthy pregnancy Owen was born on his due date 12thJune 2010 but sadly died 20hrs and 52mins later in our arms. So trying to cope with the heartache of loosing our beautiful baby boy and stress of waiting that long again would distroy us so we are taking it easy this time. Well trying to anyway lol
    AngelOwensMammy

Answer by AngelOwensMammy at 10:45 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• AngelOwensMammy I am so sorry for your lost and lots of baby dust to you. I have been ttc for over 3 years. Two fail IUIs. I can not afford IVF right now. I am only 25 years old with unexplained infertility. I have gotten to the point where I will just let things flow. No more trying as hard as I did. I just pray that it will happen for us one day.
    Prayforblessing

Answer by Prayforblessing at 1:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I just tested positive this morning!
    usdragonflies

Comment by usdragonflies (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Jan. 22, 2011