Hazelwood necklace

For anyone who has used one of these before, what positive effects did you notice? How soon? I've got skin issues (acne) that I've been dealing with ever since I weaned my youngest (and yes, I know something is wrong - I've had tests done but they can't seem to find anything) and I'm so sick of it. I've recently stopped wearing make-up to try and help and it has somewhat. I just want something that would help even more. Let me know what good came from yours, even if it's not related to acne because I want to get some for my daughter with eczema and my daughter with lingering reflux issues.Thanks!

Hazelaid.com

banana-bear

Asked by banana-bear at 3:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Health

• I have struggled with acne all my life.

A simple thing that works is twice a day, morning and before bed, take a wash cloth and get it as HOT as possible without burning yourself and drape it over your face to open your pours. Then, take a very gentle soap and gentle wash your face with it, using warm/hot water the hole time, then once you have rinsed off any all traces of the soap. Take the wash cloth, and using cold water, get it as cold as you can and drape it over your face to close the pours.

This was given to me by my dermatologist when none of the other pills or creams were working and it has made a huge improvement. I told my sister to do it, and she never has a pimple and has the smoothest prettiest skin now... I hate her for it lol. ok not hate but yeah. Give that a try.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 3:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Try Proactive?
    Worked for me.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I'm not looking to add chemicals to my skin, but thank you.

banana-bear

Comment by banana-bear (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Yes, my health comes before vanity. What's laughable is that you would rather add chemicals to your skin than to care about your health. I'm willing to bet you don't research anything you put into or on your body.

tsk tsk

banana-bear

Comment by banana-bear (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Mo...your acne is probably caused very much like mine and lots of other women our age....stupid hormones. I have had acne most of my life. I've tried every product there is from anti-biotics, to Pro Active, every OTC zit cream/facewash ever made. Sometimes things helped it but nothing made it go away....treating the symptoms not the underlying problem. My OBGYN thinks that for me (especially now) that its definitely hormonal. I've never heard of of the product you're talking about...but now I'm going to go check it out. BTW, I've been using Retin-A for over 2 years now. While I've seen a decrease in my acne...and no scaring....it's still there. The only reason I still use Retin A is because it can prevent wrinkles, lol.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My hormone tests came back totally normal (???). I know something is wrong though, my cycles have been weird ever since I weaned her but the dumb doctor just said "it'll fix itself" - ppfffft. I bought a necklace so I'll be sure to let you know how it helps.

banana-bear

Comment by banana-bear (original poster) at 11:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It's helping!! After two days of wearing it, the red marks are turning light pink!!! Thanks to those who took the time to answer appropriately.

banana-bear

Comment by banana-bear (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• There is zero scientific evidence that wearing anything (hazelwood, magnets, etc.) has any benefit. Have you tried going to a dermatologist? I know several people who have clear complexions after using Proactive as well.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• You had rather deal with acne than add chemicals to your skin? O.K
    Anonymous