some people will sue over their own stupidity

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/fountain-lady-nobody-went-to-my-aid-23909987

news about Utube video

this woman is smiling, holding back laugh, but still able to tear up
what some people will do after their own stupidity , lets sue!

why not chalk up to life lesson, do not walk and text
she even says she could have been hit by a bus (well not in a mail-now would be reason to sue if a bus was traveling in a mail)
why not laugh and been done with it...no, lets try to get money from this

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 3:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• People look for any way at all to sue anyone they can. One of my first thoughts when I saw the new monument at the World Trade Center on Sept. 11 was "wonder when someone will be stupid enough to jump up on the ledge of the waterfall and then when they fall into the pool sue the state of NY for millions of dollars?" People are always looking for an easy way to make a living.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:32 PM on Sep. 15, 2011

• Seriously there needs to be some way to prevent people from suing over the dumbest shit.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Anything to try and make a buck. I'm thinking the judge, if it gets that far, will laugh her out of the courtroom!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I hope this case is thrown out. How ridiculous!! This type of thing is part of the reason consumer goods cost so much - comapnies have to either insure against, or fight, frivolous lawsuits like this one.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I hope it gets thrown out.....amazing the crap people try to get money out of.....sounds like something my cousin would do....she put a bunch of soaking wet towles in her closet then sued her landlord for there being mold in the closet.....crazy right!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• What a freaking moron. I hate people who walk and text, then crash into you. I love that she's SUING over this. Would she do the same thing if a telephone pole "jumped out" at her while she was driving and texting? I just love that THIS is what people see as a representation of the American legal system. How are we representing ourselves as a nation to other countries?
    Like you said, chalk it up to a life lesson, and get the f^ck over it! Geez. I'm sure this is the first video to go viral with a woman who didn't know she was in it! The best part is that NO ONE would have known who it was if she didn't come out and say something.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I was disgusted by the fact that she thinks she has something to sue over. She's lucky she was walking and texting....driving and texting she could have killed someone. Heck, she could have hurt someone else WALKING We already know that if you're texting you're distracted.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• THIS is the crap tying up our legal system, and the people with LEGITIMATE cases can't get court time for 5 years because of this stuff. I also have to wonder about an attorney that would be willing to take this case.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• IDK, I don't think I would go on TV and make everyone know my face for doing this, as opposed to just being a nameless body on a youtube video. Also, I wonder, why she gives her warning to the younger generation about not texting and walking, she isn't part of the younger generation and she did it...?
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Yeah, I saw that on mashable this AM... friggin idiot.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2011