How many of you have an amazing, sweet, loving Pit Bull?? Yes, that's right I said it!!

I am the proud Mama of a 2 yr old son and a 5 yr old male American Pit Bull Terrier. Ive had my dong since he was born and he is literally the most amazing dog I have EVER had!! Ive had everything from Springers, Labs, Mutts, Rottweilers, Pomeranians and a few others. I have to say my Pit Bull is by far the best dog!!! He listens and is respectful. He knows tons and tons of commands and doesn't have to be leashed as he listens to every voice command given. He never has accidents and was very easy to train as the breed strives to please. He is incredible with my son and they are just great friends. They lay on the couch together and play together all the time!! My Pittie actually listens to my son when he tells him to do something as well. Such as "Get Off" and "Sit." He is actually my 3rd Pittie and I couldn't be happier with the breed. So I just wanna see how many other Mommys and their families out there have Pitties and love them just like I do???!!!

XaviersMama311

Asked by XaviersMama311 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Pets

• I used to... she was a Brindle Pit named "Brazil"... she even once saved my now 15 year old from another dog when he was about a year old... I remember seeing the other dog in a dead run towards my baby, I would never have been able to run to him fast enough, I screamed, she blind sided the other dog with a head butt to its side, never bit, just chased it off!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• my husband's aunt's pit bulls had puppies a few months ago. i fell in love with the sweetest little brown one who just wanted to cuddle and nuzzle. they are such sweet dogs. we would have gotten one but money became tight
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My mom has one. He's a big teddy bear! I love him. I've never met a vicious Pit. They're wonderful dogs and have a bad reputation because of people who don't know how to treat animals.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I don't and I won't have one. I watched a stray pit bull nearly kill my yorkie as a kid. I'm not blaming the breed, but after that I won't have one in my home.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Oh, we have a lab mix and one dog is enough for now. Our next dog will probably be a Pit Bull.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Our beautiful pit Flower died a very old woman. She lived her life as a loving pet and household protector. Our pit Molly, who was raised with Flower, ripped the throat out of out pet cat. The cat was just walking across the kitchen.. not provoking the dog. So I guess we've had one of each.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• – collapse
    Killers. They need to be banned. It IS the breed because even pit bulls raised by loving families still tragically maul and kill children and other dogs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• That's great! I worked at a Humane Society for 2 years and temperment tested ALL the dogs before they went out for adoption. I'd say Pit's had the same amount as good and "bad" dogs as other breeds. In fact, I think we had very few Pit's in Quarantine the whole time I was there. They are great dogs and like any dog they need to be trained right and love, which it sounds like you're doing :
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 3:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i had a few before i had children and yes, they were all very sweet, lovable dogs that did listen and behave well. however now that i have kids, i wont chance it. i realize its not the breed, it's the owner. but any breed of dog can snap upon any given time, and with those powerful jaws, no thank you. maybe when they're much, much older. but not while they are this young and vulnerable still. i also realize any animal should be supervised around children, so please nobody lecture me on that.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Killers. They need to be banned. It IS the breed because even pit bulls raised by loving families still tragically maul and kill children and other dogs.
    Answer by Anonymous

You do know that ANY large dog can do this, right? They are animals and need to be raised the right way.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2011