No stings attached sex is that possible with a good friend? adult content

I just wonder if it is really possible to have NSA sex with someone that is a good friend. Basically we have bonded as good friends and would really like to but we are afraid to because we know we cannot offer one another a relationship at this time. It doesn't meant that maybe some where down the road it is not a possibility but right now just not feasible. I want to tell him I think I can do it, but I really am not sure.....does this work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Not saying don't do it or that it definitely won't work, but I think you have to go in aware that there is a high possibility that one or the other of you might develop feelings and one or the other of you might get hurt or even have a broken heart. Also, the risk is that you lose the friendship all together. If you go in, go in with your eyes wide open that those are the risks, and then you won't be blind-sighted.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I would say no, not in most cases. Depends on your age and maturity level.

My DH and I started that way. Then, once he got some of this good stuff, he was like a dog....following me around and whatnot. Constantly calling me...emailing me...ect..Needless to say, I love the jack ass enough to date him lol....and we got married. But, some of my friends tried this and it did not work.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 3:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I think it's possible for some people. I would not be able to do it, I would develop feelings.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 4:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It's REALLY rare that no one gets hurt. I think if it's a close friend, it's not a good idea. I have a FWB for over 10 years, but the sex started in the beginning of the friendship. We both saw relationships come and go, and we even said, "What if we dated?" but we both agreed it would be a bad idea. The sex was amazing, and we both nursed each other through bad break ups (both talking and sex). Very few people can do this, and not have one person start falling for the other one, or have any jealousy get involved if one person starts dating.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I have had friends with benefits, you just have to comminicate and be honest if feelings progress.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 3:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i personally dont think it works out, someone is bound to get hurt
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I have done it in the past and it worked out well. We are both happily married now and are still the best of friends 15 years later. To us it was just fun. Everyone is different.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• yeah it is ok to have friends with benefits but sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt work
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Yes is possible but you need to have some rules so you both won't get hurt in the long run....
    clarasusana

Answer by clarasusana at 2:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2011