Am I being too emotional?

My husband is at work from 8 am until 10 pm.
I get to see him for an hour in the morning and at night another hour or 2, depending on how tired I am.
Well last night, he came home and dinner was on the table as usual. We talked for 10 minutes about the baby and his phone rang, it was one of his friends. By 11, they were still talking. . I was bored. So I went to bed.
He didnt even acknowledge that I left, he never came in to say good night after I went to bed.
I am pissed because he spent the hour chatting on the phone about nothing to his friend instead of spending time with me!!!
Am I being too emotional?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• No, I would have reacted the same but that is how I am. I get offended easily and get my feelings hurt over things that are not exactly intentional. Tell him how it made you feel and if he is not sensitive about it, then you would definently have the right to feel pissed off.
    Anonymous

• I dont think so...my husband is the same way...they dont understand that we miss them during the day and look forward to the few hours we get with them whe they get home...but be lucky yours was just on the phone...mine comes home, then goes out with his buddies.
    Anonymous

• Well, if he is working those long hours, he needs a break, too. A chance to relax, maybe. Maybe the friend was someone he hasn't seen for a while and was pleased to talk with. If this happened all the time, I'd be put out, too. It's fine for you to be emotional about it, especially if you have been home all day on your own with a baby. Your husband deserves to talk to friends sometimes, too, though. So I'd say occasionally this would be OK. If it happens every day, then a quiet, gentle, talk about your desire to talk with him is in order.

Answer by Bmat at 5:02 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Nope, I have been in this boat several times. Just remember, MEN don't know how to value time. They do not know how to seperate friends and family. They just simply have NO CLUE!! You need to talk to him about it. Let him know that it hurt your feelings and you feel that is your only time with him.
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 5:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• No but I think you should tell him when he gets home that you are pissed off that he did that. Guys never catch stuff like that but you only have a little bit of time with him so there is no point of being mad at him for the little time yall have together. Hope it helps
    Connersmom9956

Answer by Connersmom9956 at 5:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• well... did you have an agreement about time spent when he is home? even though you have little time with him every day, sounds like he has even less with friends. for your sanity and to be fair to him, just tell him how you feel, listen to what he says, then make an acceptable agreement so no one feels wronged
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I have the same problem I'm hope during the day with 2 dogs and a kid and my guy comes home 9, 10, midnight and I barely see him it bother's me and I had mentioned it to him and he says that when he gets home he just wants to go to bed and not talk or be bothered so I left it at that so now there are times he realizes that he doesn't spend any time with me or my little one and then he makes it up but its not the same because you want to be able to spend at least an hour with them and they don't want to be bother. so I would say something to him and see what happens from there. Good luck
    Anonymous

• Give him a break. He works tons of hours. As long as he doesn't do this every night. Once in a while to catch up and a shoot the breeze with a friend is no big deal.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I don't see my husband for 3 straight days & nights, due to work. I'm at home with our son all day everyday. On the 3rd night he gets home around 11pm we have about 1 hour of time to spend together, somedays he just wants to go to bed and not even talk at all. I give him the break and try to have talk time the next day during the baby's nap time. I know how it is to want to get a chance to talk to him. Its hard. Sometimes he even goes out after work on the 3 rd night and I don't see him at all, those nights are harder. But everyone needs time with there friends. But I do undrstand that feeling and getting pissy.
    Anonymous