Motivation

I am having trouble getting motivated to exercise for my weight loss. I try to tell myself I am going to see an ex. I don't have any feelings for him or anything. I just try to push myself to imagine him seeing me and thinking about what he is missing. Is this wrong? Has anyone else ever tried something like this? Did you see results?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes, but I usually think of my sister in law. I don't know why..just wanna look better! lol..it's ok to think this way, i think it's normal. Some advice, I went through some old pics, and found a few that i liked the way i looked, put them around your house example, on the treadmill, on the fridge, inside the snack cupboard...Also, remember nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!!! Learned that at weight watchers. From personal experience cut out snacking and only eat at meal times, I switched to diet pop, and light butter, lite sr crm, ect..and walked pretty slow paced and not every day and lost close to 20lbs. GOOD LUCK!!!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• oh there is nothing quite like making an ex feel regretful. i told this to someone last night, just start stretching, get that blood moving and the motivation will follow.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Nope do it for yourself!! WHo cares what he thinks you want to sit in the bath tub and not see that roll. You want new clothes, you want to be hott for a new guy! I watch tv while I work out sometimes and when I see skinny people I work harder and think I want that to be me. When i see fat people I work harder cause I think oh crap thats the road I was on. lol once you start exercising everyday and seeing results it will be easier. Just tell yourself you only have to do it for 15 minutes and then you wont feel guilty for skipping a day. usually after I've gone 15 I can talk myself into just 5 or 10 more minutes...
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Try writing down what your motivations are. Your REAL motivations, like looking hot, fitting into your skinny jeans, etc (Yes, health and all that is important, but if it won't motivate you, don't write it down). Keep your list where you will see it, and read it every time you start to lose sight and hit a slump. If imagining running into an ex helps, then by all means use it. Whatever works for you.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Thanks alot ladies!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• No, I went through the "eat your heart out" phase too. Now on my third try in 2 years to seriously get in shape and lose weight, I've realized *I* feel better when I eat right and exercise. So this time, I envision running around on the beach with the kids!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I'm loosing weight now to make myself feel better, and to set a better example for my kids. AND my last reason to make my ex see what he missed out on, it may be a horrible reason, but if that's what 's gonna motivate me, then hell, why not keep that on my list lol?

I work out at home, i eat in moderation, im taking dance classes and going to the gym....KEEP IT UP!!!! and goodluck!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Do it for yourself babe not for anyone else unless its for your kids. I'm trying to lose weight so I won't embarrass my teenage daughter,and I want to buy and wear cute clothes!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 4:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Try getting determined to loose weight. Motivation will only take you so far. You have to reach a point that you just decide that you are going to do and nothing is going to stand in your way.
    cfdm3s_mommy

Answer by cfdm3s_mommy at 5:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i think that yoy should do it for yourself instead of the "thought" of making someone else jealous.
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2011