Vulvodynia/vestibulitis?

I have been having problems with pain after sex, or when I wear underwear with seams that rub, riding my bicycle, or even sitting for long periods of time. I have been to my GYN who says it's just "irritation". I am negative for any STD's. From reading online about vulvodynia and vestibulitis...I have a lot of these symptoms. Does anyone suffer from this? How did you treat it? Thank you for any info.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Health

• Find another GYN. I was diagnosed with Vulvodynia and settled with that answer for sometime. I have just recently found out I have a tilted pelvis causing my sciatica nerve pain. It did begin with intense vaginal burning and hip pain. It has been an extremly long road. Im still trying to fix my problem. Not alot of docs are familiar with vulvodynia, Some would say i had it and others would say i didnt. I had chronic (or have) vaginal inflammation. I do have irritation after sex. A book that helped me alot was ...The vulvodynia survival guide. LOTS OF INFO you can take to doc. You maybe should be on lyrica or neurotin for the vaginal pain and a low dose antidepressant (not for depression...given ONLY IN SMALL DOSES IT WILL BLOCK PAIN SIGANLS) together these two drugs wshould kill your discomfort. MY advise is to learn all you can so you can educate your doc because alot just dont know much about it. Let me know if I can help
    Sheilas123

Answer by Sheilas123 at 4:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Thank you so much! I have been in tears over this....I don't know anyone that has it (or they don't talk about it) and my GYN seems nonchalant. I will look for that book. Thanks, again!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2011