Can you be considered a "homewrecker" if the home was already wrecked before you came in the picture?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• If you dated a married man you are wrong regardless.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• people will always need someone to blame so Im sure someone would consider it that way, but technically no
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My personal opinion.

The term "home wrecker" is usually used for a woman who has a relationship with a married man.. I'm sure we can all pretty much agree that is what the term is usually used for.. lol

In my opinion. The only person who is a "home wrecker" is the married person having the extra marital relationship. They and they alone are making the choice to wreck their home. It's their home, their marriage, their family, and THEY are making the active choice to wreck it. Regardless of the situations in the marriage, regardless of who approached who first, regardless of any of those types of factors. The Bottom line is this, there would be no home wrecking happening if the married person wasn't making the choice to do that wrecking.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Is this just one person trying to justify breaking up a marriage? Look, if the couple is married you go the other way. Period. The only way the home is already "broken" is if the divorce already happened and they are not living together any more.
    Anonymous

• Not in my opinion. I was married still but separated when I began to date. My soon to be ex hated that and tried to paint me as an adulteress to the courts. They didn't buy it. I ended up getting more of our joint property than I had originally asked for because he was such a prick.

A marriage that is truly broken cannot be broken more. It is already over.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 6:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• yes,because until they are divorced there is still a chance of them getting back together

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• it depends, how was the home wrecked before?
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Yes
    ArystaBrat

Answer by ArystaBrat at 4:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• As long as they are still married, you have no business messing around.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• As long as they are no longer living together and are legally seperated, then no.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2011