Women are traditionally called the "homewrecker" so if a man comes into the picture does that make him one too, or is he just a man? (bit of a double standard I think)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I would consider him one too if he broke up a happy home.
    KamAndKingsMama

Answer by KamAndKingsMama at 4:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I don't consider either the home-wrecker. IMO the home-wrecker would be the cheating spouse.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 4:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Definate double standard.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Both are the same in my eyes.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I find this questioning interesting and funny.. Here's why.

Just a few days ago my husband and I were talking. And I asked "Women who have a relationship with a married man are mistresses.. What is a man who has an affair with a married woman called?" Google being my friend (lol) and all. I started searching. There is no synonym for "mistress" in regards to a man. There is a clear double standard in our society in regards to cheating when it comes to whether the cheater is a man or woman... and in regards to whether or not the affair partner is a man or woman.

In regards to being a "home wrecker".. My personal opinion is this. The only home wrecker in the picture is the married party. It's the married person who is actively making the choice to wreck their homes (knowing full well that's what they are doing). It is their marriage, their home, their family. Only THEY are responsible for doing the wrecking.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• To me there is no double standard. Whether a man or a woman comes in and knowingly has a relationship with someone who is married, they are a homewrecker. And before someone says "what if the home wasn't happy?" then they needed to either fix it or move on before they devastate and humiliate their spouse and children. Otherwise they are only hanging on until something else comes along or they didn't know they were "unhappy" until someone else came along.
    Anonymous

• The homewrecker is the spouse who is cheating the gender of the person is irrelevant.
    FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 4:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• man or woman, both would be a home-wrecker
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 5:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• the cheating spouse is a home wrecker. The outsider is just getting away with what they can and dont have to take any responsibility for it. I think the word and def of home wrecker is just ignorant. If the man cheats he wrecked the home front and if the woman cheats she wrecked the home front. And some of the outsiders dont even know the other is married.
    simonsmama2022

Answer by simonsmama2022 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2011