do I have a reason to be I'll about this?

SO and I have been together almost 4 1/2 years and we both agreed that we wanted a long engagement etc....problem is that he doesn't want to spend more than $100 on my ring!!! I would understand more if that was all he could honestly afford...but it's far frrom it... He blows more than that a week in cigs or beer. As you all know 100 won't take you far in gold or diamonds. I'm just a little upset that after all this time he won't even try to get a ring I really like! Am I being petty? I feel like a spoiled brat but goodness I would like to have something nice to look at!

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• $100 is nothing for a ring! if its petty then i'd be petty also :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I would be happy with just a band, but I see what you are saying.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 4:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• No..if he can blow $ on other crap then I sure as heck thing he can spend it on your ring!! Obviously he's not thinking of you or putting you first in this situation!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Geez louise! $100?? What's that get you,Walmart quality??
    you're not being petty. he's being an a$$hole!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• An engagement ring is suppose to be 3 months of his salary.

I would be pissed if my DH only spent $100 bucks on it and he could afford me than that.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• SO got a nice ring for me but the stone being pressure set kept coming loose, so I was able to get a new ring. The one I looked at was $150 more but worth twice the price..(it was on sale at the time) we had a huge argument.. I ended paying the extra to have something I like.. Your SO should think and realize that this ring is to symbolize your commitment to each other and that this ring will be on your finger for as long as the relationship (or marriage if you get married) last... So it should be something you like and he likes.
    ArystaBrat

Answer by ArystaBrat at 4:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I agree $100 would befine if its what he could afford. he should want to give you something nice you can be proud of though. You are not being petty for wanting him to put a decent ring on your finger. Does he treat you good in general or is it normal for him to put his needs and wants first?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• his treatment of me is fine he's just stingy!
    secondtyme520

Comment by secondtyme520 (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• If he is being Stingy now- it is going to Triple when you say I Do! i hope he changes his mind & gets you the Diamond Ring you Deserve:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 4:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• No offense, but why would you want to marry a man who spends a bunch of money of cigs and alcohol but doesnt even want to spend more than 100 bucks on a ring to show his love. I only imagine this getting worse with marriage. GL to you.
    Anonymous