moms who are 30 and up

How old were you when you had your babies? I am 31 and considering having another. Was it different having a baby in your 30's. Any advice would be appreciated. I know I want one more but I would like to wait a few more months before TTC...I jsut feel pressure from everyone to hurry up before I get too old...soemone please tell me I have a little time!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• You still have time. There are woman now having kids in their 40's. Hang in there.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 4:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I know a mom who had 2 healthy prenancies after 40. It depends on your body, but the risks do start to add up.
    Robbiesmommy83

Answer by Robbiesmommy83 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I was 37 when I had my son (it wasn't for lack of trying!). I'm 40 now, and I hope to have another sometime within the next year or so.

Believe me, you have plenty of time. There are a lot of moms around here that will tell you that you need to hurry up, that you should do it before you are 35, but I call bullhockey on that. Have a child when you're ready for it. If you're absolutely not ready right now, then don't do it. Wait until you are.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Hello after several miscarry's and one still birth my hubby and I gave up, at the tender age of 38, suprise here is Billy! I had been pregnant in my 20's and felt terrible, anyway except for the emergency C-section, I never felt better, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I was 31 with my 1st and had my 2nd just last year at 36
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I was 29 almost when I had my DD. You are 31 only and people are pressuring you to conceive? This is your marriage and your life and your body, not theirs. Don't allow anyone to stress you and pressure you. If you make the decision to have more children, stress if only going to make conceiving harder. You are very very young still and you have a lot of time to have children - no pressure.
    Marianne140

Answer by Marianne140 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Had my last 2 before I hit 30.. want another but cash is tight
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My first baby was born two months before I turned 30. My second baby was born when I was 33. I would have had a second baby sooner only we had to wait for better health insurance. At 31 you are not too old a few months. Look at it like this, everyone else won't be taking care of the baby so really, their opinions should not matter.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• *to wait a few months* Got ahead of myself.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Our last one was born when I was 32. I had no issues.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 4:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2011