my 19 day old baby girl is havin trouble pooin and keeps screaming what can i do

shel-bob

Asked by shel-bob at 4:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Agree matter of fact, take her in, my nephew, had his intestines twisted, she is to little for us to tell you to giver her a Fleets, I would go!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i would call the dr... My kids had a hard time going sometimes to.. And i would bring their knees to theit stomachs and then back down and keep doing it for about a mintue.. and i sometimes gently inserted a q-tip with vasline into the anus ( but not far just the tip) so the baby has an urge to push and it would help out alot.. But check with ur dr first
    knm51504

Answer by knm51504 at 4:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• relactate?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i agree call the doc
    SimplyErathy

Answer by SimplyErathy at 9:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My DS had the same problem. The nurse gave me several suggestions. She said that we could give him a 1/4 of a children's glycerine suppository, put some vaseline on a rectal thermometer and insert, place baby in warm water and massage his anal area or give him a solution of 1 oz water and 1 oz juice to help him go. But I agree with the others to check with your pedi first.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 9:53 AM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Can you offer more information? Like, what specifically is going on? Is she not going at all, or just straining? When she does go, what is the stool like? What is her diet? Newborns scream and grunt at times mostly because they're still learning HOW to use the muscles and HOW to move their bowels, and it's not comfortable. If it's more then just straining/grunting, you might need to speak to the doc.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2011