If you have been to a fertility doctor...

My DH and I have a app. with a fertility dr in a few weeks, first time. They explained over the phone what standard tests will be preformed at my app. One of the tests is a breast exam, Im curious as to how breasts have anything to do with fertility? I have my yearly breast exams with my regular OB, so I was a bit confused by this. Anyone know?

momofone221

Asked by momofone221 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• ? I just had my regular physical check-up and they do the breast exam, but my new fertility doctor has said nothing of doing any breast exams. However, i've also had a mamogram. If it's b/c they are being completely thorough, then good. why not. Or maybe they want to check for breast cancer before starting any treatments (like clomid) that has a small chance of cancer risk (very small), but still, it sounds as though they are being very thorough, and that's a good thing.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 4:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Thanks! That's what I was thinking too, but another part of me was like, ugh more poking and prodding, which seems necessary. I guess you can never be too safe though.
    momofone221

Comment by momofone221 (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I been to a fertility dr. twice and a breast exam sure was not in her plan.
    Prayforblessing

Answer by Prayforblessing at 12:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2011