Vibrator in child's room.?

I found a vibrator in my 13 yr olds room, I'm not saying it's wrong or anything, but how would you deal with this? If you'd deal with this at all. Or what would you think? Err yeah.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Well she is getting to that age! Have you had the talk with her yet? Masturbation is completely normal and healthy, I would just maybe talk to her and make sure it isn't going any further like with boys, don't be forceful, sit and talk calmly and keep an open mind no matter what you do
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 5:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• well, i certainly wouldn't do what my mum did to me and yell at my kid...you can just hope she's using it instead of having sex...{would still make me very uncomfortable}
    i do think you should give her a refresher course on the sex talk.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 5:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I would wonder where the hell she got it if you don't know anything about it. Did a family member buy it for her? Because I was under the impression that you had to be at least 18 or have a credit card to buy a sex toy.

But yeah, it's not really a big deal if she has one...that doesn't mean she's out doing stuff with boys. Hell, it's probably best that she has one so she has no need to go out and do stuff with boys LOL! It might embarrass her if you ask her about it, but you definitely need to know where it came from : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• umm well you have to wounder how a 13year old managed to get one? I think i might say something but im not sure how i would. maybe its time to explain sex and have that safe sex talk i mean thats probably next if it hasnt happend already.
    Anonymous

• I would be curious as to where she got it from...
    Anonymous

• I agree I would be curious as to where she got it but other than that, I wouldn't say a word. Would you want her to say anything to you if she found yours? Let her enjoy it, masturbation is very normal and healthy.
    barbar73069

Answer by barbar73069 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• You can buy them at Spencer's and if I remember correctly they never asked for my id, and depending on how old she looks she could have go to a sex store, again never asked for my id.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 5:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• She can buy one anywhere and they do not ask her age unless it was from a sex store that deals in things like that. If she were my daughter I would not bring it up. They sell them everywhere...she can just purchase one out of a catalog too. This is a private area and her business...I would leave it at that. Teens are much more knowledgable these days. shoot i didn't know what oral sex was until I was married and teens nowdays know all about things like that infact are using it to avoid pregnancy. It is very common in the younger years as my husband finds out when he taught middle school...yes middle school. Sex issues start about 4th grade now. Yes 4th grade...kids are exposed to so many things now days and my husband could not believe how right out in the open they are discussing things right in front of teachers. It took me awhile to learn what the jelly bracelets represented. LOL Lenda
    lennyraye

Answer by lennyraye at 6:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• i would leave it out in plain sight. she would get the picture then ask her what the heck. i don't think it's normal for girls to masturbate at that age. not for girls. i never did and i still don't. i know i'm weird. who gave it to her etc is what i would ask and then you best have that sex talk. wow! i would freak out. i didn't like finding a condom in my kids room but we asked and he just said he wanted to check it out. seemed innocent enough.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I also would be concerned where it came from... If someone else gave it to her and it was used, she could get a STD.... Ask her before it's too late.
    If it's clean , i think i would give it back...wouldn't using a vibrator be better than having sex with boys?
    Jennifer91501

Answer by Jennifer91501 at 8:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2008