will you take care of your own mom when she got old????

neng999

Asked by neng999 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• yes, unless it gets too much of a burden on my family. she said she doesn't want it to get in the way of raising my children...she said put her in an assisted living place.
    Anonymous

• No. She let her health deteriorate so much due to her smoking that she now has COPD. She'll need the care of a nursing home staff in a few years. She's almost 67 now

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My step dad is 9 yrs younger than she is- but I would absolutely do whatever was necessary to help my mom. It's the least I can do after all she's done for me!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My husband and I have already discussed this and we both plan to take care of our parents when they are old.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I did until she died. I also took care of my Father until he died.... I wouldn't have done it any other way.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• absolutely. She will get the best care, just as i did from her growing up. Although she wants to be in a community "old home", and since we had to find one for my grandpa years ago, i've learned what she wants when it comes to that. I willl make sure she is happy, no matter where she chooses to live.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 4:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• yes; she's 50 years old now and she's got a long way to go til she can't take care of herself anymore. i know by that time my kids will be much older and not as dependant on me. my mom was always there when i needed her, the least i can do is return the favor. same goes for my dad.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I would have in a heart beat but "someone" (keeping my language in check) took both my parents from me too soon.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• yes, but I'm only years younger so I think the responsibility will be more on my sister. But it also depends on her health in the next years.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• No, I wouldn't be able to handle my mother on a daily basis. I work in a nursing home and take care of my patients so I'd probably put her in the nursing home that I work in. That way I can still care for her, know she is ok, and have my home to myself.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2011