Where should I look to get cheap health insurance?

I'm 6 going on 7 months pregnant without health care. I make to much for Medicaid but not enough to afford really good insurance. I tried to get PCAP but I make too much for that too! Any ideas on affordable health plans?

piercedbeauty21

Asked by piercedbeauty21 at 5:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Health

• Medi Cal
    SoCalMommy951

Answer by SoCalMommy951 at 5:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I work for blue cross blue shield as a medical underwriter. You are uninsurable at the moment while you are pregnant. No insurance company will touch you (unless it's through an employer group plan) until the baby is born. Your only option is government plans. (medicaid, etc.)
    Anonymous

• To elaborate a little...(i'm the above poster)
    They aren't going to accept someone that they know they will have to pay out a significant amount of claims on very soon. If that were the case, anyone could just get insurance when they needed it. They also have to guarentee the baby. So if it's born with problems, they have to pick up the tab for tens of thousands of dollars. This is why you are uninsurable.
    Anonymous

• You can get Ameriplan. It will help save you money on doctors visits and your hospital bill. Let me know if you want the details :-)
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 6:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2008