My home is haunted. Or it is just me?

We moved here a few years ago, and we were staying with my MIL until we were able to find a place. From day one things would happen, like doors opening and closing, people talking, strange blue lights could be seen illuminating from the living room, etc.
So we moved into our own place, and here we go again, but this time it's way worse. Whatever it is seems to be a child because it seems to always be in my children's bed rooms. I actually saw with my own eyes a toy cube move, twist around and fall. I heard a child singing, I hear people running in the hall, I hear clothes moving around in the closest,(NO WE DON'T HAVE CRITTERS) and so on and so fort. My hubby did not believe me until one day he got up early for work. I was helping him get dressed. He walked over to the bathroom, and slightly pushed the door ajar. He said he was standing in front of the mirror, and he saw a dark figure that looked like a man walk up behind him and slam the door shut. It scared the crap out of him, that he told me to get the kids ready, because he would not leave us in the house alone. Yesterday, after he left for work, I went back to bed and before I could even lay back down, I heard something get thrown across the room. Not sure if it was the living room or the bedroom. I literally sat there in bed until the sun came up. Another thing that I saw the other day was a cloud of what looked like smoke descend from my ceiling to the floor behind my TV. Everyone says it may be the outlets sparking, and be it so, doesn't smoke rise??? I never saw smoke descend.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• The dark spirit isn't a nice one.

Consider having your house blessed.
    Anonymous

• i too have had problems like this! the creepiest is when DS is sleeping in his pack in play in our room, yet i hear what sounds like someone shuffling things in the nursery over the baby monitor. makes me scared to sleep sometimes! I believe you 100%, and good luck!
    BUMP
    ucancallmemommy

Answer by ucancallmemommy at 4:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Maybe get in contact with a local paranomal research group. It sounds like you do have something going on though. I had to deal with that kind f stuff as a kid. It's not very fun.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I believe you. I've had experiences w/ what I believed to be spirits- but not to the extent that you have described. I would talk to the Priest/Preacher/Minister at your church about blessing your house. I would also do some background checking on previous owners & history of the house. Good luck.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I tried contacting a local paranormal group and they never responded back. Right now we are in the process of moving, but I wonder it that would even help.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Definantly have your house blessed. You can also resite these words "in the name of the father,the son, and the holy spirit, I command you to leave" doesn't sound like a nice spirit at all.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 5:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I even tried doing research on my own to see if anyone died here, but can not find any info. BTW I am not from the south, I currently live in the south and this was one of those Katrina renovated homes.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• could you be thinking about things in dreams you had? for it to be real imo i think it's far fetched. i don't believe in ghosts personally myself. could it be some kind of vibration, heat air blowing etc. don't know what to think.
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 5:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Hell call TAPS from Ghost Hunters on syfy. Can't hurt.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 5:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Try asking him/her/them to not disturb you so much. If all else fails,tell it to leave.
    I have 2 permanent ones here(they followed me from our last place) and my grandma pops in once in awhile. My male spirit has a problem with personal space once in awhile. I just tell him to back up!
    Don't assume they are evil. Some spirits just don't know their limits. Some don't know they're dead!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2011