25 person drug deal bust!!! Do u feel safe in your city?

All in TWO days.....What is this city coming to? Happened right up the street from me. & some people I even KNEW!!!!

Do you feel safe in your own city? Lately, I haven't, but I don't want my children to grow up here, I want to move ASAP!

http://www2.insidenova.com/news/2011/jan/20/feds-police-arrest-25-manassas-drug-and-gun-traffi-ar-787542/

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• the firearm dealing scares me much more than street level dealers as described by your link. yes my town is safe - there hasnt been a violent crime commited (except domestic abuse) in over 10 yrs. that is why i moved there from the city where someone got shot for their car a few blocks from my house - still cannot sell that house - i have to rent it - but when it is time to leave - get out of that town!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• where do you live? i dont know if i would feel safe...definately not since alot of people that do drugs drive under the influence and with my kids in the back seat, you just never know!
    meglynn0919

Answer by meglynn0919 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• drug dealers dont concern me....rapists, child molesters, armed robbers, and murders do though...but drug dealers? i dont owe them money and i dont interfere in thier business, so i have no reason to feel at risk for being threatened by them.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 7:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• What city are you in?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• where are you? I feel mostly safe, despite lack of police presence in our area (cutbacks) but we're in one of the "nice" areas....still crime.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I'm certain some snitched on some, but it was coke, heroin, and weapons.
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 5:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Not at all, my father's car was stolen yesterday, it had his house keys in and I've been there all day orchestrating getting the locks changed and talking to the insurance people. It's getting ridiculous especially in the inner city areas and the police didn't even come around to take a statement they just rang him...
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 5:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• http://www2.insidenova.com/news/2011/jan/20/feds-police-arrest-25-manassas-drug-and-gun-traffi-ar-787542/
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I've watched the neighborhood decline over the past 5 yrs or so. But w/ the drop in property values we cant afford to move. Then I see stories of houses being robbed out in the country & in nice neighborhoods- so crime is every where! That's why I have 2 bigs dogs that'll bark & hold them off to allow me time to get the "reinforcements"! If this is the only thing that's happened near you, & you otherwise like where you live, dont let it scare you away. The grass isnt always greeener.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I did feel safe until a woman was stabbed in her home just two blocks away, still unsolved. Another woman was attacked and killed in a park down the road by some raving lunatic who turned himself in and a couple was kidnapped because they owned a rare coin shop. The husband drove his car into a police station. Smart man. That was all in the span of two months... Yup city life scares the jeebies out of me.
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 5:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2011