been married since sept. SScard?

we got married in sept..& tried to get my social security card 3 times--first time we were missing something, and other two times they were closed.. we then had horrible health issues w/ our daughter, my pregnancy, and my hubby w/ seizures, and completely forgot about getting my name changed.. We have our marriage license.............

Am I going to get in trouble for so much time going by? i cant believe i just remembered!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Just do it as soon as you can
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 5:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• You shouldn't get in trouble.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 5:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• ive been married since sept as well. i haven't gotten my name changed yet. its complicated, hubby is in military we are stationed in tx. were originally from ohio. so i got to go back to ohio to change my name, get a new ohio driver license and get a new ss card. i wont be able to till this coming sept. no you wont get in trouble. you dont have to have your name changed.
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 5:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It took me a good 4-5 months to get around to officially changing my name. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i have been married 2 years in june and still havent gotten it
    knm51504

Answer by knm51504 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• You should get it taken care of as soon as you can, but I don't think it is anything to worry about. I got divorced and went back to my former name. The divorce was final the end of June 2010. I have to drive 2 hours to get to the nearest SS office. They screwed up with the address the first time, and I had to go back two more times. Even though I was divorced in June, it was never completely corrected until the very beginning of this year, so that is 6 months.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 6:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• You never have to change your name at all, it is purely optional.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• The only time you will ever have any trouble outta it is at the dmv or with who ever does your taxes.. But dont feel bad I didnt have mine changed till like 2 1/2 years after we was married lol
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2011