Do you get the flu shot? Do you still get the flu?

*knock on wood* I never get it and remain quite healthy. Yesterday, at my kids school, I was speaking to the secretary who has the flu from getting the flu shot.

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 5:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2011 in Health

• My son and I have been getting the flu shot for 20 years and 9 years and neither of us have even gotten the flu. It has even helped us to not get colds and upper respiratory infections. We both have asthma and it is a definite plus for our immune system to have the flu shot.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i got a flu shot a few years ago and i would never get one again.. I had a weird reaction to it. Not only did i get the flu like 3 differnt times that year my arm hurt for a long time and i had a mark from the needle and the inner part of the bandaid for over a year. Im serious it was the strangest thing
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 5:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I used to get the flu shot every year. I have not gotten the flu shot the past two years. Doesn't seem to matter either way, every single year i get the flu. So, if i get the flu every year, shot or not, i don't bother with it anymore!
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 5:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I have never gotten the flu shot. I don't remember the last time I had the flu. My kids do get the shot though. My older son is in school and I would rather him not get sick.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 5:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• No, we don't get the shot and no we don't get the flu either.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I don't get the flu shot, and don't get the flu. My son gets is and has never gotten the flu.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I don't get the flu shot, and I rarely am sick.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 5:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i refuse to get the flu shot...everyone i know that gets it ends up getting the flu!
    meglynn0919

Answer by meglynn0919 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i do not get the flu shots. they are only for respitory flu. i am a teacher 10 + yrs and never knew anyone who had that - who hadnt recently gotten a vax for it = which is why i will never get a flu shot.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 5:52 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• No but I know a lot of people who do. I'm one of those scared to vaccinate kind of freaks!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 6:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2011